Our approach is to establish a partnership and relationship that is based on trust and personal responsibility through holistic healing. Through communication and coaching, improved health and wellness are achievable through specific action steps – action steps for us as practitioners, and action steps for you, the patient.
First, we must determine the destructive forces at work in the patient through a comprehensive review of health history and lifestyle coupled with appropriate functional testing. Second, we establish dietary guidelines and a personalized Designed Clinical Nutrition program to provide the body with the tools, therapies, and raw materials it needs to continue to heal from within. Third, we will provide you, the patient, with education and guidance so that you not only assume greater personal responsibility for your healthcare, but also become less dependent upon our clinic or any other doctor to maintain your health.
No one can guarantee results. The extent of improvement will be directly proportional to the degree of damage that has already occurred, the time it has been present and the adherence to the diet lifestyle and nutrition lessons from our partnership together. I believe this partnership can help move you away from clinging to diagnostic condition labels or traditional drug-focused treatments into a new world of health recovery, restoration, and wellness.
Are the Gut Authority’s Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine program right for you?
- Are you being told everything looks “normal” but you don’t feel well?
- Are you confused by all the conflicting information online?
- Is your current state of health preventing you from doing the things that you enjoy?
- Are you looking for the root causes of your illness?
- Are you looking for a more comprehensive approach?
- Are you looking for accountability?
- Are you looking for a team that is empathetic and supportive?
- Are you willing to take responsibility for your health?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of the above questions, The Gut Authority may be the partnership solution near me you have been looking for. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation and assessment evaluation.
The Gut Authority’s “Seven D’s” – Pillars for Health that begin in the Gut:
- Douse the Flames – Determine the destructive forces at work and stop them.
- Digestive Integrity, Potency, and Balance – Evaluate and reestablish if compromised.
- De-Flame- Eliminate inflammatory factors from your food and environment that may be damaging your gut health and its integrity.
- De-Stress – Decrease chronic stress through emotional cleansing, meditation and/or prayer; reduce sleep deficit, increase proper exercise and movement as well as relaxation activities such as yoga.
- Detoxification – Reduce the intake of toxins from the air, water, and food, as well as support and improve the body’s natural detoxification pathways.
- DNA Expression – Focus on the areas that control and modify a genetic expression. Target the things that can be changed: nutrition, emotions, and movement.
- Diet Revolution and Designed Clinical Nutrition – Revolutionize your diet by eliminating processed foods, reducing fast food intake and focusing on content (nutritionally dense foods) and not calories. Support your body with only the highest quality nutrition products that have been clinically proven to be effective and which are designed or selected specifically for your individual needs.
The Gut Authority’s Action Plan for Health Recovery, Restoration, and Benefits of Holistic Medicine
Determine the Destructive Forces at Work through Functional Testing
This is where we obtain our “damage control” reports. We use Functional Testing to identify and evaluate underlying mechanisms affecting your health so we can begin to address the problems. We evaluate such factors as inflammation, bacterial overgrowth, nutritional deficiencies, and “leaky gut”. We evaluate gluten sensitivity, as well as immediate and delayed allergy reactions (including those to food, mold and chemical sensitivities). We also use testing such as a Comprehensive Stool Analysis to identify environmental pathogens or other destructive organisms and hormone disruptors which may be impacting or destroying your health.
Plug the Holes
Our first step is to begin repair of the gut and restoration of gut integrity -just like in first-aid where we have to first stop the bleeding. We have to plug the holes that can be leading to autoimmune conditions. This means we have to begin dietary changes so we’re not constantly “drilling new holes” in our gut lining at the same time we are trying to patch and repair it. We begin appropriate nutritional supplementation so that your body can initiate the process of healing and rebuilding the gut lining.
Put Out the Fire
This means we have to stop fueling the fire. Appropriate dietary changes are necessary to remove the inflammatory factors damaging the gut, as well as the inflammatory factors that are contributing to cellular information throughout the body. It is also essential to De-Stress – deal with the emotions (emotional cleansing), decrease stress hormones and address sleep deficits. Chronic stress suppresses our immune system and opens the door for imbalances in the gut. It erodes the lining of the gut and makes us susceptible to food allergies and the development of “leaky gut”. We encourage proper movement, exercise and appropriate Chiropractic Care to not only stimulate the musculoskeletal system and our cardiovascular system, but also to promote muscle tone, lymphatic drainage and brain function. We address the three main epigenetic (above the gene) factors which you can use to affect how your genes are expressed: nutrition, emotions, and movement. We work together to reduce or remove the outside factors which can turn on “bad genes” and then reestablish proper pathways to turn on “good genes”.
Cleanup and Detoxify.
Not only must you reduce the intake of toxins such as those in our air and water, but we also must establish a plan to improve our body’s detoxification mechanisms and to improve the elimination of our toxic burden (the cumulative effect of past exposures to chemical sources, heavy metals, other people’s medications, and hormone disruptors such as false estrogens known as xenoestrogens).
Restore Digestive Potency and Balance
This is where we begin restoring Digestive Potency and Balance to your intestinal flora through pre- and probiotics; remember you don’t bring in the carpenters before you put out the fire! Both diet and supplementation are vital parts of this restoration process. Diet Revolution must include the elimination of processed foods and the reduction of foods that spike blood sugar and cause insulin imbalances. We work closely together with you to help to resolve the conflict of interest between what you’ve been previously told was healthy, what you want to eat, and what you truly need to eat. As we continue to rebuild natural balance within the gut flora, we can then begin to more effectively address the nutritional needs of organs or organ systems outside of the gut.
Once you have plugged the holes, put out the fire, cleaned up and strengthened detoxification pathways, and restored digestive potency and balance, you will have built the foundation for true health recovery and wellness. Your body can now continue its repair and recovery process in areas outside the gut and move away from a state of disease. By adhering to your new Lifestyle, Diet, and personal Designed Clinical Nutrition program, you will be giving your body the tools and raw materials it needs to continue to heal itself from within. And your new healthy gut will be helping you reduce your need for medication dependency and symptom management. The extent of your improvement will be directly proportional to the degree of damage that has already occurred, the time it has been present, and your adherence to the new diet, lifestyle, and nutrition lessons you have learned.